Thursday, October 6, 2016

Another Direct to Paper Tutorial.

Hello lovelies! DT Lena here and  today I have another direct to paper tutorial for you ( Inspired by Zindorf). Like the last tutorial this one uses Tim Holtz distress inks that you can find in the store at Firefly Crafts

Step 1:  
Rub your ink pad along the top of your paper. Reminder: I use smooth cardstock as it is easier to run ink over).  This one is Mustard seed but you can use any yellow. 

Step 2: 
I used broken China and ran along the bottom half of my paper . It is ok to leave some white areas and ideally you want some so it looks like waves. 

Step 3:
I used Mowed lawn green in a sweeping motion upward from bottom so it looks like grass


step 4: 
I used Vintage photo on the corner because I thought it would look like an island but it did not. Haha . You can either do this step or skip 

Step 5:
I used black soot to ink up my flowers and stamp on bottom. You can use whatever stamps you want for this or leave it as just the water. 

Step 6: 
I used both Candied Apple and Abandoned Coral and added some streaks to the sky. 


Step 7: 
Finish card as Desired
I added some birds with a black tip pen and added a sentiment from the Honey Bee Set Thankful. 

Get your Inks here: 




1 comment :

Back to Top