Monday, December 12, 2016

Trim the Tree, Lawn Fawn style!


Hello Fireflies!

For my first creation ever, as a Firefly Crafts Design Team member… I have made a Christmas card using a classic Lawn Fawn set called Trim the Tree with its coordinating dies.  There are many, many elements to this set, but I will only be using the tree, tree stand, and star to keep it manageable.

I first stamped out the tree 4 times on green patterned paper and once on a white piece of cardstock, the tree stand once on red patterned paper and again, on the white cardstock.

I fussy cut all the trees from the patterned paper, cutting each tiers individually (leaving the parts above intact, as shown.  I salvaged a bottom piece from when I cut out the tree top.  You will see why below.   I almost forgot to cut out tree stand out from the red cardstock!!


After cutting them out, I wanted to give them a bit more dimension, so I used Tim Holtz Mowed Lawn distress ink to color the edges a bit.  

 I die cut the tree and stand from the white cardstock using the Trim the Tree coordinating dies. I am doing this so that i have a foundation, but also to keep the white border, that I love so much.

 Now to assemble the layers onto the base of this white tree… I added a strip of foam dimensional tape to the bottoms of each tier to give them a “lift” once placed down onto the white tree.  First, remember that bottom piece I saved from a tree top cutting? Well I glued that down first onto the main tree so that the white wouldn’t show underneath the most bottom tier when its edges are lifted and curled.  Proceed to glue down the green tree with 4 tiers. I then added the tree with 3 tiers on top of that and so on. 

 Once the treetop was glued down, I curled the edges of the tiers up and out a bit with my fingertips to give them a 3D effect.  This gave it lots of dimension!!!  Fussy cutting can be a pain, but so worth the white trim detail it leaves behind!

 To decorate, you can most definitely use all the wonderful ornaments that come along in this set, but I chose to use BLING! You will see that I love sparkly, blingy… on anything and everything! LOL.  I chose 2 sizes and decorated my tree.    Can’t forget the topper… so I used the star die to cut some silver glittered paper, which I glued onto the top! Glue on the tree stand.

 Now that I have my main focal point done, it’s time to get the card base and layer ready.

  I cut a piece of 110# white card base, measured at 11 x 4, scored at 5 ½  to make a top folding card.  I found a scripty, red patterned paper, which I trimmed down to 5 ¼ x 3 ¾.  I wanted to give it a little something extra, so I sprayed it with some shimmer spray before adhering it down to my card base.  

 I popped up the tree onto some foam dimensional dots and placed it onto the center of my card.

 For the inside, I added a “Merry Christmas” sentiment, alternating colors of black and red.  It looked a little eh, so stamped a bow on top of the sentiment using the same red ink to sandwich “Merry”. 

 I hope you enjoyed this project and give it a try! Thank you! I look forward to creating many more projects that hopefully inspires you!

Stay warm!
Kim


Supplies used:
  • Lawn Fawn Trim the Tree stamp set
  • Lawn Fawn Trim the Tree coordinating dies
  • Patterned paper: green & red, variety
  • White, 110# card stock for base
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Mowed Lawn
  • Finger Dauber
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Stampin Up ink pad, Real Red
  • Gems/bling, variety of sizes
  • Copic Marker, Brown shade
  • Misti tool
  • Cutterbug scissors
  • BigKick
  • Adhesives: liquid glue, double sided tape runner, & foam adhesive


No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top