Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Special Friends

Good morning Fireflies! Along with the warmer weather we are having we are getting lots of rain. So what better way to spend a rainy day than playing in my craftroom with new goodies! 

I wanted to share my design team card.  This month I got to play with a set from Penny Black called Mimi's Love.  Here is what I created today
I just adore this set Mimi's Love!! 
I started with a SU Lucky Limeade card base and then added a layer of burlap. For the next layer I took a piece of Basic Black and heat embossed the sentiment (from the Mimi's Love) in white on the upper right and attached this piece to the burlap layer.  Next I created three layers of landscape, using the Poppystamps stitched landscape dies, and inked sponged them with SU Lucky Limeade and Old Olive inks, layered them together and added to the bottom of the black layer cardstock. Now I stamped the Tree Ring (Concord and 9th) onto watercolor paper with StaZon black ink and colored in with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink.  Once that dried I fussy cut it and added it to my card front. For the tree I die cut that using the Cottage Cutz Tall Tree die on white cardstock and colored with copic markers and then assembled the tree and added it on top the tree ring on the left side. Now is when I get to play with Mimi's Love!! I stamped the scene with the deer using Momento black ink onto X-Press It cardstock and colored with copic markers and then fussy cut the scene and added this piece on top of the tree and tree ring.  For the final touch I stamped several more of the mushrooms from the scene and colored them in and fussy cut and added to my card across the Landscape hills. 
Thank you so much for stopping by to check out my creation. 
You can also check out Firefly Crafts for some aweosme prices on crafty goodies including the Mimi's Love stamp set here
Until next time 
Happy Crafting :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top