Monday, August 29, 2016

Joseph's Coat Birthday --

Hello & Happy Monday Crafty Peeps!
Firefly DT Theresa here from Theresa's Crafty Creations
We are on the last few days of August!!!
OMGOSH! Where has the Summer gone?

Today, I wanted to share a card I made using a 
technique I just barely heard about - I'm sure some of you
have heard of this cool technique before - but not me!!! :)

It's called the Joseph's Coat Technique



Here's the Card I created using this Technique


I actually think it turned out pretty cool!



-- Recipe for this Card --

Scalloped Stitched Frame Die - Gina Marie (Firefly Crafts)
Ranger Round Blending Tool
Misti Stamping tool
Versamark ink
 Powder tool
Clear Embossing Powder 
Marvy Heat Tool

ALL the highlighted items can be found at the


Here's how I created it --

I took a blank piece of White Cardstock and used the
assorted Distress inks and blended them up on my cardstock
to get the look I wanted (except for the black soot color)
then I used my powder tool to add powder all over my colorful cardstock piece before I started to stamp - I took my cardstock & placed it in my Misti tool - then decided on my stamp placement - inked up my stamps with the versamark ink - then stamped on top of the blended cardstock - I did this 2x's to make sure I got the versa mark ink coverage I wanted - I then added some clear embossing powder and heated it up - You can tell it was complete when the clear embossing powder turned the words glossy looking - THEN the FUN part - I took the Black soot distress ink and covered the entire piece of cardstock in it - so now it's completely black - then I took a towel and wiped the black ink off - which gave me the cool effect you see on my card - The Embossing resisted the Black ink and now shows the cool mixture of distress inks I used underneath -
I then used my Stitched scallop frame to cut out what I wanted -
attached it to a pink card mat backing - added some dimension to it, so it could POP up on top of the Dotted dry Embossed background - attached it all to a Grey 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card base - then added some Enamel dots for some extra fun!

If you've NEVER tried this technique - I encourage you to give it a shot! I thought it was interesting to say the least - It doesn't have to be black for the top color either - As long as it's a dark color for the coverage it'll still work - so try dark blue or dark grey - whatever your crafty hearts think will look cool for this... :)

Thanks for reading ALL the way through my crazy long post!

Have a FABULOUS DAY!!!

Theresa

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top